By Marilyn Corrie
- An available source that examines contexts necessary to knowing and examining writing of the center English period
- Chapters discover the individuality of heart English literature
- Brings jointly dialogue and research by way of a global crew of heart English experts, incorporating clean fabric and new insights
- Includes research of Chaucer's writings, and considers them in terms of the paintings of his heart English predecessors, contemporaries and successors
- Incorporates dialogue of matters guidance the notion of heart English literature within the current day
Read or Download A Concise Companion to Middle English Literature (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
Dante Alighieri’s Divine Comedy has, regardless of its huge, immense reputation and value, frequently stymied readers with its multitudinous characters, references, and topics. yet until eventually the ebook in 2007 of man Raffa’s consultant to the Inferno, scholars lacked an appropriate source to assist them navigate Dante’s underworld.
Peter of Auvergne (+1304) is likely one of the best and so much influential commentators of the college of Arts on the college of Paris, on the finish of the thirteenth century Peter really moved to the higher theological school, the place he argued a few quodlibeta. This quantity of convention lawsuits represents the 1st exam of the paintings of Peter of Auvergne as a complete.
Long ago seven centuries Dante has turn into international popular, together with his works translated into a number of languages and browse by way of humans of every age and cultural backgrounds. This quantity brings jointly interdisciplinary essays by means of best, overseas students to supply a accomplished account of the historic, cultural and highbrow context during which Dante lived and labored: from the industrial, social and political scene to the texture of everyday life; from schooling and faith to the management of justice; from drugs to philosophy and technology; from classical antiquity to pop culture; and from the dramatic transformation of city areas to the explosion of visible arts and song.
This booklet bargains a brand new viewpoint at the otherworlds of medieval literature. those fantastical geographical regions are one of the so much memorable areas in medieval writing, through turns attractive and significant, captivating and terrifying. Passing over a river or sea, or moving into a hole hill, heroes stumble upon unusual and magical nation-states.
- Miserere Mei: The Penitential Psalms in Late Medieval and Early Modern England (ReFormations: Medieval and Early Modern)
- Der Wunderer (Texte und Studien zur mittelhochdeutschen Heldenepik) (German Edition)
- Kazantzakis: Politics of the Spirit, Volume 1 (Princeton Modern Greek Studies)
- Alain Chartier: The Quarrel of the Belle Dame Sans Mercy (Routledge Medieval Texts)
- The Oxford Handbook of Greek Drama in the Americas (Oxford Handbooks)
- The Arthur of the North: The Arthurian Legend in the Norse and Rus' Realms (Arthurian Literature in the Middle Ages)
Additional info for A Concise Companion to Middle English Literature (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Concise Companion to Middle English Literature (Concise Companions to Literature and Culture) by Marilyn Corrie