By H.E. Rose
Introduces the richness of team concept to complex undergraduate and graduate scholars, focusing on the finite aspects.
Provides a wealth of routines and difficulties to help self-study.
Additional on-line assets on more difficult and extra specialized issues can be utilized as extension fabric for classes, or for additional self sufficient study.
Read or Download A Course on Finite Groups (Universitext) PDF
Similar group theory books
Helmut Koch's vintage is now to be had in English. adequately translated by way of Franz Lemmermeyer, it introduces the idea of pro-p teams and their cohomology. The e-book features a postscript at the contemporary improvement of the sphere written by means of H. Koch and F. Lemmermeyer, besides many extra fresh references.
This booklet introduces the idea of an E-semigroup, a generalization of the recognized thought of E_O-semigroup. those gadgets are households of endomorphisms of a von Neumann algebra pleasing definite traditional algebraic and continuity stipulations. Its thorough method is perfect for graduate scholars and study mathematicians.
The booklet provides surveys describing fresh advancements in lots of the basic subfields of common Topology, and its functions to Algebra and research over the past decade, following the former variants (North Holland, 1992 and 2002). The ebook used to be ready in reference to the Prague Topological Symposium, held in 2011.
This ebook encompasses a sequence of lectures that explores 3 diverse fields within which functor homology (short for homological algebra in functor different types) has lately performed an important function. for every of those functions, the functor perspective presents either crucial insights and new equipment for tackling tough mathematical difficulties.
- Applied Finite Group Actions (Algorithms and Combinatorics)
- Introduction to Harmonic Analysis and Generalized Gelfand Pairs (De Gruyter Studies in Mathematics)
- Algèbre: Chapitre 8 (Elements De Mathematique) (French Edition)
- Algebraic Monoids, Group Embeddings, and Algebraic Combinatorics (Fields Institute Communications)
- Vibrations of mechanical systems with regular structure (Foundations of Engineering Mechanics)
- Fourier Analysis on Finite Groups and Applications (London Mathematical Society Student Texts)
Additional resources for A Course on Finite Groups (Universitext)
A Course on Finite Groups (Universitext) by H.E. Rose